On shore Oil and Gas Exploration – Northern Territory
Indigenous Consultation & Economic Development, Mining & Exploration, Pastoral
Project date: 2012 – on going
About this project:
- Negotiated and managed 26 signed pastoral land access agreements for on ground operations such as seismic acquisition and drilling
- Negotiated land access to approximately 30 pastoral stations for minor exploration activates.
- Negotiated and managed aboriginal land access under the Native Title Act
- Managed cultural heritage requirements under the Native Title Act and NT Aboriginal Land Rights Act.
- Project managed the acquisition of approximately 1500 line km of seismic. This includes in-field line placement and clearing, and seismic crew land assess management.
- Logistic management of all incoming and outgoing transportation movements including multiple drill rigs and seismic contractors.
- In field oversight of EMP, ERP, SMP
- Pastoral Infrastructure development planning and construction
- Project manage and quality control all civil construction of access roads and drill pads
- Liaise between pastoralist and aboriginal land owners, drill rig crew, seismic crew, civil construction crew, government agencies and local community.
- Local community engagement
- Local business engagement
- Trouble shoot in field operational issues